[OSM-talk] JOSM problem

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:10:51 BST 2007

edoardo marascalchi wrote:
>Sent: 18 April 2007 1:58 PM
>To: talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [OSM-talk] JOSM problem
>
>since I have reinstalled my laptop, i can't connect to OSM via JOSM.
>everytime i select an area and ask the datas i obtain this error:
>Server returned HTTP response code:400 for URL:
>http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.3/map?bbox=-8.46......
>
>What's going wrong?

A 400 error like that suggests either your bounding box is too big or you
have the max/min lat and lon incorrect in some way. As a check, browse to a
small area of the slipply map and then click the view tab again to get the
correct URL in the browser address. Paste that URL into JOSM and download.
That will confirm all is well with your connection to OSM and the issue then
remains a problem with the bbox you requested.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk