[OSM-talk] Need help with mathematics for runways

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri Apr 20 19:49:24 BST 2007

Hi Hakan,

Hakan Tandogan wrote:

> Is the formula given at http://williams.best.vwh.net/avform.htm#LL
> (Lat/Lon given radial and distance) the correct one to use [...]

Sorry, I've been a bit in trouble the past days.
Yes, the "Aviation Formulary" pages have a good reputation do deliver
valid information. If I were you, I'd rely on the information given
there. BTW, to check if your implementation of the algorithm works
correctly, there's an online calculator here:

  http://williams.best.vwh.net/gccalc.htm#CrsDist

Cheers,
	Martin.