[OSM-talk] OSM the mediocre alternative

Sun Apr 22 08:55:14 BST 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:

>>> So, to visualize this one way, I have to make 44 fetches to the API.
>> Not if you use the new extension the the API that Richard
>> Fairhurst has
>> written for potlatch.
> Where is the documentation on this API?

On the wiki under 'Potlatch/Remote calls' (sorry, wiki down atm so I
can't quote the exact URL). There are also corresponding save-whole-
way and delete-whole-way calls. It's not live yet but Steve and I are
due to hack on it in a couple of weeks.

At present Potlatch implements it using AMF (ActionScript Message
Protocol) communication but I'm hopeful that the SQL can effectively
be shared between that and the traditional API, providing it both ways.

cheers
Richard