[OSM-talk] Dublin Port Tunnel - rendering problem

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Apr 26 21:13:45 BST 2007

Hi,

> Looks like curves in the tunnels is causing this rendering problem at
> zoom level 16 and 12.

It seems that the rules files for levels 12 and 16 have something that
the others don't. There's an attempt in there to define a "generic"
highway style and then somehow have the styles for various road types
"inherit" from that. Look for the keywords highway-casing, highway-core,
highway-ref etc. - they're only there in level 12 and 16, and my guess
is they break things.

These changes have been introduced by 80n on March 1st:

http://trac.openstreetmap.org/changeset/2191/utils/tilesAtHome/osm-map-features-z16.xml

The previous release is 2171. If you check out the xml files of release
2171, it will probably work.

The problem is that there have been lots of changes in the styles since
then, some visible on the map some more structural, and it will not be
easy to roll back. I understand too little of these XML rule files and
the workings of osmarender to know how important certain changes are and
what their effect is, so I'd rather not touch it.

Bye
Frederik