[OSM-talk] Mapnik style in slippy map

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 13:52:44 BST 2007

I have been doing some tweaking of the style file that is used to generate the tiles for the mapnik rendering in the slippy map, and the changes are registering as the new style file is used on the latest planet file.
Two things:
1 Let me know if any artefacts, knock-on effects or other strangeness occurs in areas that you "care for" as it gets re-rendered.
2 Can somoeone point me to the resource that someone compiled that lists the frequency of occurence of different feature tags in the database?
I will soon be looking at adding more features to the standard mapnik layer and it makes sense to work down through from the most used, so could really use that info.

Cheers
STEVE