[OSM-talk] Foundation Elections - Challenge the Candidates

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 17:23:41 BST 2007

Yikes, I suppose standing for election really does open the way for hard questions!

Well don't want to open a can of worms here, I'll say the optimist in me strives for concensus. Yes, among thousands of people that's probably impossible. I'd hope that anyone who felt strongly about the license would join in that process before the point where confirmation is required.

Perhaps before we even start on drafting a license, we could have a required poll of contributors on the licensing process, where the choices are to accept the resulting license or commit to participating in a consensus process. Whether before or after, those that don't respond could default to acceptance -- though I'm not certain at all that would be acceptable to active members or even legal.