[OSM-talk] New tool: Generate coastlines from Landsat imagery

Alex L. Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Sat Aug 4 09:45:54 BST 2007

Darryl Shpak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just checked in Lakewalker...
> If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to email me directly or
> look for me on #osm.

Very nice.  I only noticed one problem with it, aside from the inherent
inaccuracy of the landsat images: It tends to create what the validator
plugin for josm sees as duplicate nodes and segments.  That is, it will
create a node, then a segment to another node, and then a segment to a
third node at the exact same location as the first node.

I don't know how feasible that is to fix though.

One other thing is that at least in my area, the yahoo imagery seems to
be much more accurate.  Would it be feasible to have it use that
imagery, or does the color add too much complexity?

Thanks

-Alex Mauer "hawke"
--
Bad - You get pulled over for doing 90 in a school zone and you're drunk
off your ass again at three in the afternoon.