[OSM-talk] New tool: Generate coastlines from Landsat imagery

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Sun Aug 5 03:11:26 BST 2007

Hi Darryl,

Very nice tool, but it is not possible to map coastal lakes connected to the sea on the East coast of a continent.

If you pick a point inside the lake, it goes east, hits the lake edge, traces round, out to the coast, then follows the coast northwards.

If you pick a point in the sea, it heads off accross the pacific trying to find a landfall!

I you just need a couple of extra parameters to

 a) Select the inital search to be East or West (or South or North?)
 b) Select to trace Clockwise or anti-clockwise once landfall reached.

I learn't Perl yesterday, will try and learn Python this afternoon and send you some mods!

Cheers,
Brent.