[OSM-talk] Pubs, stores, clubs and the way they are rendered

Yann yann.hamon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 09:36:49 BST 2007

Here is a screenshot from the center of london I took this morning:
http://waste.mandragor.org/pubs.png

It seems that pubs take a predominant place in the map. If we render pubs,
we will soon render clubs, stores, etc, directly on the mapnik layer...
I am afraid this will be a bit "too much" . On the screenshot I have taken,
the names of the pubs are written on top of the names of the road, and
having so many icons makes the map ugly (very personal point of view I
admit). Same for the recycle containers, having them rendered (directly) on
the map...

On the other hand, these informations are useful, and should be available. I
would love to see these data as mashups, or added layers, that we could
enable/disable manually - instead of having them directly rendered on the
mapnik layer.

What would you think?

Yann