[OSM-talk] Osmarender naming short ways

Lachlan Rogers lachlan at rogers.name
Mon Aug 6 05:58:16 BST 2007

I downloaded all of the files in the Osmarender Subversion repository (see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmarender/Howto#Download_the_software)
and there are a few scripts there for post-processing the svg file
created
by Osmarender.  The one called osm-svg-beautifier.pl chooses to abbreviate
or simply leave out the names of ways when they are very short.

It also uses bezier curves to smooth out the ways, making your maps look
even nicer.

- Lachlan