[OSM-talk] Ireland United - A1 / N1 new road opened yesterday

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Wed Aug 8 11:20:31 BST 2007

Dermot McNally wrote:
> On 08/08/07, Andy Robinson <Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Nice work, perhaps you could add it to
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Firsts
>>

> Teleatlas had the road mapped some months before opening (even if they
> got the classification wrong and marked it as M1 to the border). They
> did the same with the Gorey Bypass, which I also mapped during the
> first week open.

I've noticed something similar, near me in that google maps (teleatlas)
have already updated to include the M9 Spur extension which is replacing
the A8000, even through it isn't due to open until Mid September.

However they have shown the new road as the A8000 rather than M9

I'm currently wondering if I'm going to be able to cycle it before it
opens, however as each end is closed to cyclists, I think I'll need to
find a car driver willing to test it out when it opens :(

Cheers
Cheris

--
http://www.chrisfleming.org/