[OSM-talk] Potlatch and the destruction of good work (N6 Ireland)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Aug 8 23:58:36 BST 2007

Hi,

>> 4. After an elapsed time TBD, disable the accounts of any mappers not
>> yet exposing their usernames (or disable their edits until they
>> switch).
>
> This is probably the main contentious issue.

What we *want* is accountability for future edits; we don't care too
much about the past. So if someone does not want to make his past edits
public, that's all right with us (and we should be careful not to point
the finger at people who don't want to go public for past data - after
all it was entered under a certain policy and it is their right to stick
to that). We will have to ask them to open a new account but that's
purely for technical reasons (because we don't have the means to say
"make all my edits public from now on").

Are there any leaderboard-type statistics where even people who haven't
gone public are listed by name? Because that could be a problem - if we
force somebody to make a break with the past because he doesn't want to
release his past info then his contributions will be split in two and he
will lose his position on the leaderboard...

Bye
Frederik