[OSM-talk] old "class" tag - what were the values?

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 09:20:21 BST 2007

Franc Carter wrote:
>Sent: 09 August 2007 1:08 AM
>To: Frederik Ramm
>Cc: Talk Openstreetmap
>Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] old "class" tag - what were the values?
>

>And on a related note, should these be removed ? I've seen a couple
>of instances of ways with both a highway and a class tag.

I've always argued the case that tags, regardless of what they are, should
generally not be deleted as they might be used by someone for some purpose.
Just because there is a highway=foo tag as well as a class=highway does not
make the latter incorrect, it's just another tag describing the object.

Cheers

Andy

Andy Robinson
Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk