[OSM-talk] Potlatch and the destruction of good work (N6 Ireland)

Håkon Enger hakon.enger at fys.uio.no
Thu Aug 9 12:28:33 BST 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, Tom Hughes wrote:

> The situation (as unfortunate as it is) is that I have no authority
> to release that information, and indeed under UK data protection laws
> it would quite likely be illegal to do so.

What information precisely can and can't you release? Would it be allowed
to use a numeric uid with no personal information attached, so that one
can see if several "random" edits are made by the same user? In that case,
it would at least be possible to see if a user is in fact a consistent
vandal or just happened to make a mistake. In the case of a vandal, all
the edits made by that user could (easily?) be reverted.

   Håkon