[OSM-talk] Potlatch and the destruction of good work (N6 Ireland)

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 15:56:32 BST 2007

On 09/08/07, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:

> I have now made contact with your friend the phantom mapper.
>
> Apparently what happened was that when he didn't see his edits
> appearing on the slippy map (not realising as a new user, that it
> only updates once a week) he went back and did them again ;-)

Excellent! Thanks for doing this. I assumed it was something along
these lines, hence my eagerness to get in contact.

> He's a little reluctant to post here because the archives (which
> he has read) include email addresses that are only fairly lightly
> obfuscated.
>
> He is however interested in knowing what current best practice is
> for tagging roads that are under construction ;-)

I'd suggest pointing him at the Ireland project page - it contains
some of what he needs along with a register (not well maintained, but
momentum will fix that) of who's working on what. The discussion page
will provide a private enough forum for him to engage with those of us
already active.

Thanks once again,
Dermot