[OSM-talk] How do I use the Maplint overlay?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Sat Aug 11 01:55:24 BST 2007

Jon Bright schrieb:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Alex S. wrote:
>
>> Grab the Validator plugin for JOSM - it'll give you more detailed
>> information while editing your area.
>>

> I already have that - hence being surprised at maplint reports.

You should enable the validator window with the toggle button on the
left toolbar - it has a validate button to check all the OSM data you
currently have loaded into JOSM, but don't get frightened the first time
you'll see them all ;-)

There are still some minor maplint things that the validator won't
notice/show, e.g. "unknown-tags" (probably based on map features list?).

However, if you you don't see any Validator problems in your area,
you're doing already much better than the rest ;-)

Regards, ULFL