[OSM-talk] cooperative mapping

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sun Aug 12 11:08:43 BST 2007

On 12/08/2007 09:56, Tom Hughes wrote:
>> The tracks display with arrows so one can see where the data collector was
>> going and what direction.
>
> You can get josm to join up the GPS points if you want. I'm not sure
> if it draw arrows or lines though, as it isn't a feature I ever use.

I use it all the time, because if I know the track I took, my dictaphone
notes can be a lot more terse - I can relate them to my journey rather
than just point locations.

It draws lines, not arrows, but if you know where you started that's not
a big problem.

I have to say though that it is a great deal easier to translate notes
and tracks into map data if it is done soon after the survey - there's
aspects you can't always make out which memory helps with. I think it
would be really hard for someone to take your notes and tracks and make
good sense of them, unless you are meticulous in your documentation.

David