[OSM-talk] Tagging Castles

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Aug 13 14:45:00 BST 2007

On 13/08/2007 14:14, Chris Fleming wrote:
>> And all the grounds around?  The historic=castle is alright but I wasn't
>> sure on the massive grounds around it.
>>
> I'm not sure of the grounds....

Where appropriate, tourism=attraction on an area would render on both maps

> I also add a building=yes so that the outline of the castle is drawn.

Dos this apply to all areas, and on which maps? It's not documented as
far as I can see, and Ely Cathedral would benefit from this. Can't say I
care about the process for getting it there, but if this is a useful tag
that gets rendered on one or both maps, it would be handy to have it on
map_features as it is de facto standard.

David