[OSM-talk] Korean roads and highways

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Aug 15 02:28:59 BST 2007

Hi Jeffrey,

The existing generic 'ref=' tag is available for any simple text reference you may want printed against a road.

In Australia, we have developed a system specifically for Australia using the 'ref:au=' tag where the options you can use relate directly to the type of road and its signage (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Australian_Roads_Tagging#Reference_Tagging) as used in Australia.

This is brand new does not display anything on the main Mapnik or Osmarender maps yet, but we are working on that. In the meantime, it gives us a coherent standard to use to start marking routes that will ultimately be rendered with the correct route symbols for Australia.

Regards,
Brent.