[OSM-talk] Highway tagging in general around the world

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Aug 15 14:10:14 BST 2007

In message <200708152152450473.02B487A8 at smtp.nsw.exemail.com.au>
        Brent Easton <b.easton at exemail.com.au> wrote:

> On 15/08/2007 at 11:43 AM Tom Hughes  wrote:
>
> > I mean simply putting route numbers on the map in any form at all.
> >
> > Currently I believe mapnik is only doing it for motorways. Osmarender
> > does it rather more widely.
>
> could you please point me to where Osmarender 'does this more widely'?
> I can't see it

Look at any A or B road in the UK and you will see the number
rendered alongside the road at the end of each way - it isn't
in a shield, but that's because UK maps aren't normally rendered
with road number in shields. For example:

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.76529491622359&lon=-0.016075984770263948&zoom=16&layers=0BT

Has the A10, A1170, B180 (though it isn't really anymore) and B1179.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/