[OSM-talk] osmarender: Different icons at different zoom levels?!?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at web.de
Thu Aug 16 04:19:54 BST 2007

Hi List!

I've noticed that the post_office icon used in osmarender is different
at different zoom levels - which is a pretty bad idea IMHO.

In the middle of:
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=49.440280646845125&lon=11.081168635844369&zoom=16&layers=0B00F000
you'll notice a red dot with an envelope.

If you zoom out one level (to level 15), this icon changes to an
envelope without the circle.

IMO changing icons at different zoom levels is a pretty bad idea, as
this confuses users ...

Could someone change this, so the icon is the same at all zoom levels or
is there a reason for this that I don't see?

Regards, ULFL