[OSM-talk] GPX upload via API

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Aug 16 11:47:41 BST 2007

In message <8b65902a0708160330n16624587kd4b4b25730a54d56 at mail.gmail.com>
        Guilhem Bonnefille <guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK. But what about slash ('/')? It seems that this caracter is used as
> separator for parameters. So if description, tags or filename contain
> such caracter, the API will go wrong.

Correct. There are several other characters that will cause a
problem, but the guy who wrote that upload thing obviously didn't
encounter them ;-)

> I'm not aware with HTTP protocol, but why not use a POST request for
> uploading GPX traces? Or perhaps, PUT method allows parameters, like
> POST (I really don't know, but I'm surprised it is not possible).

That would be the sensible way to do it - the current technology
was not something I wrote. I inherited it and I suspect that nobody
had ever tried to use it until very recently.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/