[OSM-talk] Editing and tagging - Potlatch, or just JOSM?

graham graham at theseamans.net
Fri Aug 17 09:04:26 BST 2007

Jon Bright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bettersoftware wrote:
>> I agree with you. JOSM IS worth the effort and I consider Potlash to be
>> almost useless when compared to it's predecessor. With it's very limited
>> facilities and features I just can't see why anyone would use it.
>
> I do see at least one use: tracing rivers and other landscape features
> from the Yahoo! imagery.

I guess this is probably ok for rivers but in my area I keep finding
someone has traced 'pitches' which have either long been built over with
new housing estates, or are actually parts of something larger. I'm not
sure what year the yahoo imagery is from, but I'd be careful with it
unless you know the area.

Graham