[OSM-talk] Editing and tagging - Potlatch, or just JOSM?

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Fri Aug 17 09:50:19 BST 2007

On 17 Aug 2007, at 09:33, Barry wrote:

> You Guys are amazing
>
>> "tracing rivers and other landscape features from the Yahoo!
>> imagery."
>> - is this not breaking copyright????!!!!
>
>> Why do you think we have Yahoo! imagery in potlatch? Specifically
>> because
>> we've been told that we can use it for deriving map data.
>
> It was a QUESTION - not an ACCUSATION!!!!!!

There was a lot of exclamation marks though!!!

Sorry, didn't mean to upset you, I think I was put off by your
earlier comment:

"I agree with you. JOSM IS worth the effort and I consider Potlash to be
almost useless when compared to it's predecessor. With it's very limited

Which I thought was a bit unfair to say about Potlatch.

John