[OSM-talk] Editing and tagging - Potlatch, or just JOSM?

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:00:45 BST 2007

On 8/17/07, Gerald A <geraldablists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm adding roads in a big city, and the roads are in a dense grid pattern.
> I'm not sure how to start a way/segment
> for a new street off of an existing street, so I start from the middle and
> draw to the ends. For short streets, it ends
> up with 2 segments when really only one is needed. Any other way to do this?

When in doubt, try shift-clicking.

* Click on the existing street to select it
* Shift-click to add a new node where you want to start the second street
* click on the new node to select it
* Shift-click on the node to start drawing the second street.

Hope that helps you, potlatch is easy when you get into the swing of things.
Andy