[OSM-talk] flight paths

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Fri Aug 17 13:33:56 BST 2007

On 8/17/07, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:
> I believe that GPS works on flights and can be used but that flight path
> data might also be available from enthusiasts.

I was able to collect a GPS track on my last flight, on the trip home.
 I had to hold the GPS pretty close to the window, and I couldn't get
the beginning or end of the flight due to the "please turn off all
electronic devices" request (US flight, FAA regulations).  There's
also a missing section in the middle where I went to the bathroom and
left the GPS too far from the window. :)

Official flight path data would probably be the better route, if it's
available (might be restricted due to paranoia over security).