[OSM-talk] fuel type suggestions

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 12:38:06 BST 2007

On 8/19/07, Jon Burgess <jburgess777 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yes, semicolons in values are a problem. For reference, the issue with
> was brought up a couple of weeks ago in
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2007-August/016635.html
>
> The relevant bit is below...

> > but because we use semicolon as the separator the semicolon in the
> > middle of the first key's value is also being treated as a separator
> > and causing an additional key with no value to appear in the output
> > of the API and planet etc...

Seems to me the problem is the use of the semicolon as the seperator
somewhere in the ruby code, perhaps that should be changed? At the
very least it should be some character that's actually illegal in tag,
like some control character.  I often use Ctrl-A or the null character
for this. Using the semicolon while not forbidding it in the API shows
insufficient use of quoting.

Have a nice day,