[OSM-talk] repeat email notification from abuse

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Aug 19 12:44:38 BST 2007

In message <bf60a2e10708190400r1d84aba5x61f101033b6173d4 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> On 8/19/07, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
>
> > This should be fixed now - there was a comma in the tags that was
> > causing the record to fail validation so it didn't get saved and
> > then would still be marked as needing import.
> >
> > I only added that validation the other day and my guess is that this
> > trace (and one other) must have been in the queue for loading at the
> > time so didn't get validated at upload time.
>
> I'm not quite sure I understand exactly, but
> as long as you do.
>
> Did this have anything to do with my files
> being rejected because of a bad tag?
> I finally put "I give up" on one of them.

The point is that a comma is (no longer) valid in the tag text as
it break rails when tags are used as part of a URL.

Your trace that caused the problem was uploaded very shortly
before I changed the code to not allow a comma, so although it
wasn't rejected when you uploaded it, the code that does the
processing of the file in the background was rejecting it when
it processed it.

I removed the comma from the tag to fix it.

If you're having some other problems with files being rejected
because of a bad tag then you need to tell me about that...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/