[OSM-talk] Tags in Finland

Lauri Hahne lauri.hahne at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 17:00:24 BST 2007

I have a few things I'd like to speak about.

First of all, currently the wiki page of Finland says that
classification trunk should be used on 2+2 lane primary roads and for
moottoriliikenneties as there is no class matching trunk in Finland. I
suggests that besides those all E roads should be labelled as trunk
because eg http://www.tiehallinto.fi/servlet/page?_pageid=74&_dad=julia&_schema=PORTAL30&menu=5144&_pageid=74&kieli=fi&linkki=8052&julkaisu=3209
shows them green and trunks appear on lower zoom levels than
primaries.

Secondly, I suggest that we label railway stations with
name=place_name instead of filling in something like Tampereen
Rautatieasema (Tampere Railway Station). This would bring us more in
line with the international customs and even with VR's own maps.

--
Lauri Hahne