[OSM-talk] Privacy Policy / License Stuff

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Aug 20 18:01:21 BST 2007

In attempt to bring some sanity to the never ending circular debate
about the project's policies on the data it is collecting I have
started a wiki page:

  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Privacy_Policy

The page attempts to document the status quo, and to develop proposals
for what we would like the situation to be going forward.

For the time being I would like to avoid discussing how any change
should be implemented and just try and reach a consensus on where we
want to be - we can then try and work out how to get there.

Privacy Policy probably isn't even the write title for the page to
be honest - maybe Data Policy is better?

The point here is to try and start a debate that actually reaches a
concrete solution, and which starts from an accurate vision of the
current position.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)