[OSM-talk] Mapping Qs: Hotel Complex? Beach? Enclosed Woodland?

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:24:55 BST 2007

Mike
Currently, for Osmarender, layer needs to be an integer between -5 and +5.
But that shouldn't stop you adding layer=-10 if it suits you :)

Ideally it shouldn't be necessary to use layer in this way at all since all
landuse and probably all areas should always be rendered before any river or
other natural features.

However, we are missing any kind of specification of priority for
overlapping landuse elements.  Should we just say that the render order is
residential, commercial, industrial,... or should the render order be
undefined, so that layer= has to be used explicitly, or should the default
order be alphabetical?

Or maybe some smarter method, like smaller areas that are completely
enclosed by larger areas get rendered later?

80n