[OSM-talk] JOSM geometry support

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Thu Aug 23 03:12:58 BST 2007

El Jueves, 23 de Agosto de 2007, Franc Carter escribió:
> Some way of specifying that a new segment should be at right angles (other
> angle ?) to an existing segment

Also, the ability to split a segment in two exact halfs, by creating a node in
the segment's middle point.

And, the ability to calculate the centroid of an area. Maybe alineating
polygons by alineating their centroids??

Brainstorming a bit: When I fiddled with Autocad 9 (yes, that was a long time
ago), you could draw to special points
like "perpendicular", "endpoint", "midpoint", five kinds of centerpoints, and
the kitchen sink. I don't know how mant of those concepts would be useful for
JOSMers.

Calculate the centerline of an area. Useful if we *ever* get data of paved
areas and have to get lines out of that.

(Don't take me too seriously on those requests, I'm just thinking out loud)

Cheers,
--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org>

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is
in it - and stay there, lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot
stove-lid.  She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again - and that
is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one any more.
		-- Mark Twain