[OSM-talk] JOSM geometry support

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 19:54:41 BST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 05:16:28PM -0700, Alex S. wrote:
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
> > what geometry functions do *you* want and how would you like them?
>
> - Align segments in parallel. (useful for dual carriageways)

I wrote a patch for this months ago, but it needs a decent user
interface before going into the release. I don't program Java, so
haven't got a clue about how to do the interface stuff (manipulating
objects and doing maths is the easy bit ;-) ).

The interface shouldn't be hard - it just needs to select the distance
the nodes should be apart, and suggest reasonable defaults.

--
Matthew