[OSM-talk] Open Streetmap in Ireland - An Intro...

Gareth Eason gareth.eason at signal2noise.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 15:39:05 BST 2007

John McKerrell wrote:
> Y'know, I kinda think most people on this list know how to use their GPS
> ;-)
>
> Only joking, sounds like fun, good luck with that.
[snip]

	lol! :)

	Indeed - it's really more about getting people face-to-face so we can discuss
what to do with the tracks AFTER gathering them with GPSs. While it's possible
to figure this out by chatting on IRC, reading the mailing lists, devouring
the wiki and trial and error, it's a lot quicker to get a bunch of people
together so they can learn by doing - preferably from someone who's already
learned using the trial and error technique :)

	I'd love to raise more interest in OSM here in Ireland, and perhaps in a
short while I'll look at running some kind of mapping party here :)

	Best regards,
	-->Gar