[OSM-talk] Do we need an "announce" mailing list?]

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 25 13:25:03 BST 2007

(accidentally sent this to talk-de first... we *do* have too many lists
it seems ;-)

Hi,

     other projects often have a relatively low-volume, sometimes even
moderated "announce" list that is used for announcing

* new features/new versions of existing software
* new software
* infrastructure changes
* planned maintenance

with discussion redirected to the appropriate talk etc. lists.

Do you think it would be a good idea to have something like this for us
as well? Or do we have enough lists already?

Perhaps it would be more state-of-the-art to have a wiki page listing
all of the above and telling people to get themselves an RSS feed of
that? I'm not an RSS user myself so I cannot say how that would compare
to a mailing list, usability-wise.

Bye
Frederik