[OSM-talk] raw GPS points: editable?

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Mon Aug 27 13:56:05 BST 2007

On 27/08/07, Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a doubt.
> Suppose someone uploads a GPS track. Then, there are works
> on the roads and the roads change.
> Most of the track is still valid but some raw GPS points are
> now misplaced.  They become confusing for other people who
> edit the map.
> So my question is, is it possible to delete raw GPS points from
> the server database?

Perhaps, rather than deleting parts of tracks, showing points in different
colours by age, say starting green, then fading to red over some period of
time, maybe a year? That way if you see a bunch of green dots along a path,
with a row of orange dots that deviate from that path, you could assume the
orange dots show an older path... Obviously would have most value when there
were a number of tracks along the same path, though at least if there's only
one, you'd have some idea as to how recent it was...