[OSM-talk] raw GPS points: editable?

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Aug 27 15:19:53 BST 2007

Am Montag, 27. August 2007 14:09:23 schrieb Luca Dionisi:
> Hi
>
> I have a doubt.
> Suppose someone uploads a GPS track. Then, there are works
> on the roads and the roads change.
> Most of the track is still valid but some raw GPS points are
> now misplaced.  They become confusing for other people who
> edit the map.
> So my question is, is it possible to delete raw GPS points from
> the server database?

I think it would be a nice Idea to mark gps-points as one of the foollowing:
   inaccurate, wrong, outdated.
For this it might also help to also import dop, hdop, pdop into the database.
And then let the user decide, which ones he wants to download and display.

If we expand the importing. It might also be usefull (if not already done) to
import speed values from the gpx-file.

-
Joerg