[OSM-talk] Java Batch Upload, Steps, Parking

Daniel Schmidt Daniel at planetschmidt.de
Tue Aug 28 15:58:48 BST 2007

Hi,

I was just trying out the Java batch upload tool, but it doesn't
work. Can anyone help me?

 > java GpxUpload "Baden-Baden, Germany" "baden-baden germany" /
Volumes/HANDY/TRACKS/*.gpx
 > using username and password from josm preferences
 > uploading /Volumes/HANDY/TRACKS/track_20070825_1113.gpx to
openstreetmap.org
 > url: http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.4/gpx/create/
track_20070825_1113_gpx/Baden-Baden%2C+Germany/baden-baden+germany
 > Transferring data to server
 >
 > return code: 404 Not Found
 > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: 404 Not Found
 >        at GpxUpload.upload(GpxUpload.java:78)
 >        at GpxUpload.main(GpxUpload.java:141)

Second, I'd like to ask why steps (highway=steps) aren't rendered in
Mapnik. I think they should be displayed just like footways.

And finally, I would like to inform everyone that my proposal on the
extension of "amenity=parking" has been accepted by 13 against 2
votes. I have already included the new tags in the Features/Parking
wiki page and would like to encourage the maintainers of the
renderers to adapt this.

Bye,

Wabba