[OSM-talk] gosmore crashes after a few searches

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 08:46:51 BST 2007

On 8/29/07, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
> The gosmore program was accepted into the Debian archive a few days
> ago, and already got 10 registered users.  One of them report of a
> segfault in gosmore after a few searches.  Check out
> <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=gosmore> for the
> details.

Looks like memory corruption. I'd say run it under some memory
checking program  (like valigrind) and see how it fares. Memory
corruption generally causes the program to die far away from the
actual error :(

Ask the bug reporter, but if you use the program yourself you can do
it also. It slows the program a bit, but with a bit of perserverence
you can hopefully get results.

Have a nice day,