[OSM-talk] raw GPS points: editable?

Jeffrey Martin dogshed at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 10:08:28 BST 2007

On 8/29/07, Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/29/07, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> > Mark Williams wrote:
> >
> > > I think the old tracks should stay, if only to maintain the audit trail
> > > for legal purposes. You could perhaps mark a file as 'deprecated' &
> > > exclude it from downloads - 'private' does this now
> >
> > Planned feature for Potlatch no. 89423 is colouring GPS traces based
> > on the tags.
> >
> > So a track tagged 'ncn' or 'cycle', for example, would appear in a
> > different colour from one tagged 'canal' or 'waterway'.
> >
> > A couple of people have already expressed interest in exposing
> > Potlatch's (timestamp-based) tracklog handling through the main API so
> > this might also be relevant to other editors.
> >

> It seems to me like a good news for what I'm looking for.
> Are these tags appliable to single GPS points? Consider
> a tag for deprecation of a point.
> Keep up with the good work!
>
> --Luca

I don't think it's practical to tag individual points.

It might be nice to split them. If I drive through three
towns I could split each town into its own file
before upload. The truth is I don't want to take
the time to do it.

The tag thing is confusing to me. It won't allow tags with a space.
I'm not sure what kind of tags to put on my files.

It won't let me change the tags.

If I could upload my notes and waypoints I think that
would be very helpful.

I would like JOSM to download each track file as
a separate layer.

--
http://bowlad.com