[OSM-talk] gosmore crashes after a few searches

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Aug 30 10:12:16 BST 2007

In message <2fl7ind1k79.fsf at saruman.uio.no>
        Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> [Martijn van Oosterhout]
>> Ask the bug reporter, but if you use the program yourself you can do
>> it also. It slows the program a bit, but with a bit of perserverence
>> you can hopefully get results.
>
> Now the valgrind output is available from
> <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/439732>, and gosmore seem to write past
> allocated memory, and I suspect that mess seriously with the control
> structure used by malloc() and friends.

Looks like it has overrun a text field in the GUI by one byte.

Unfortunately the gosmore has been stripped so valgrind wasn't
able to identify the routine in gosmore that was responsible.

Does Debian have debuginfo packages like RedHat/Fedora that can
be installed to let valgrind get the symbols?

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/