[OSM-talk] Exeter, UK Editing

Ben Ward ben at crouchingbadger.com
Wed Dec 5 15:41:32 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Someone's been doing excellent work editing Exeter, Devon, UK.  However, on
closer inspection many of the nodes for connecting ways aren't actually
joined, they're just very, very close.  I started tidying up but realised
that this has happened on a fair bit of the central Exeter map.

The other thing that worried me was that the existing 'rough' traces haven't
been deleted, just left to co-exist with replacement roads.  The editor is
listed as "Potlatch Alpha",  but there is no hi-res imagery for this area,
so I'm guessing the mapping comes from GPX traces (right?).  This makes me
rather suspicious about the completeness of the road names and survey when
there appear to be quite complex junctions mapped without any traces but
lots of names.

fcremer & Guy appear to be the busy folks doing the Exeter mapping.  Perhaps
if you're reading you could contact me - I'm probably misunderstanding.

Thanks,

Ben
--
ben at crouchingbadger.com | http://crouchingbadger.com