[OSM-talk] Betr.: Re: Retaggin of ways

Wed Dec 5 22:16:41 GMT 2007

Tony Bowden wrote:

> That said, this is one of the areas where the project suffers from
> not having a 'revision history' feature where you can see who/when/
> why previous changes were made, or spotting that 'corrections' have
> been 'recorrected' in the past. I have no idea how to implement such
> a thing in a sensible way, but I suspect this sort of problem is
> going to keep happening.

Potlatch's revert/rollback does that, kind of.

If you select a way in Potlatch right now, and press 'H', you'll get
the history for the way, in a drop-down menu - i.e. who and when.

When the feature is fully enabled, you will then be able to select a
revision, and click 'Revert'. This will load in the old version of the
way as a locked way, i.e. one that won't be uploaded back to the
server until you unlock it.

I'm planning to enable this functionality at the weekend unless anyone
finds any showstoppers using their local install.

cheers
Richard