[OSM-talk] 412 failure when deleting nodes in josm

Jason Reid osm at bowvalleytechnologies.com
Thu Dec 6 04:52:53 GMT 2007

Another cause I've found in the past couple days is if you use the
validator plugin to fix duplicate nodes and don't modify the way. It
seems that it decides to delete all but one node out of each set of
duplicates, but the one that it leaves either isn't in the way, or its
not actually marking that the way has changed, so it causes a 412 when
it tries to delete a node but the API thinks its still needed. The
workarounds are to either modify the way (ex: add a new node to it), or
to use the remove unconnected nodes tool instead of the fix duplicate
nodes tool in validator.

Jason Reid