[OSM-talk] Planet-latest.osm.bz2 corrupt?

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Thu Dec 6 10:38:39 GMT 2007

Thanks for looking into this. I've tested the archive with the suggested
  -tvv option which resulted in a CRC error somewhere in the archive.

As to  my hardware, although I recently upgraded my machine from a
single core to dual core and triple the RAM, it runs without problems
when stressing both cores (with instances of Osmosis and Mkgmap) while
bzip2 only stresses one core. Also total power consumption (measured on
the power outlet) is about 50% of what the Antec power supply should be
able to deliver.

This is no protection against instability issues ofcourse so I will test
more this evening.

/me starts twisting thumbs....