[OSM-talk] Cambridge City Centre Cycling Map

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Thu Dec 6 13:18:53 GMT 2007

David Earl wrote:
> On 06/12/2007 12:24, Lambertus wrote:
>> Very nice. OSM is venturing slowly into the classic commercial map turf.
>>
>> Any ideas how this map (with legend and custom rendering) is produced?
>> I have received interest from others who are seeking similar map
>> solutions. They would like to create maps of historic cycle routes for
>> tourists on a small scale.
>
> Basically, Photoshop - see previous message for detail.
Bugger, I was afraid you would say that...

> What's an "historic cycle route"?
Sorry for my poor attempt to express myself in English ;-)

Basically it's going to be a number cycle routes (afaik) that lead from
a boat mooring in a former river to historic buildings, sites and
partially uses cycle routes that lead through farm lands which used to
be walking routes to get people from the rural areas to a church in a
village mainly. Much like the public footpaths as can be found in the UK.

The intention is to provide passing (boatgoing) tourists who are not
familiar with the area a nice sightseeing tour using a map and some
background information about what they are about to encounter. This is
not an initiative of any tourist board, just an enthusiastic local.