[OSM-talk] OSM stats data

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Dec 6 14:30:33 GMT 2007

In message <FA0831E5-33E5-4F73-B97F-0618D4333ECE at gmail.com>
        Artem Pavlenko <artem.mapnik at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I would really like to use some OSM related data for thematic
> mapping. How difficult would be to create, for example OSM user
> counts (or number of data uploads or anything else) for every year
> for each country? Has anyone looked into this?

Well we don't necessarily know where users are - some of them will
have set home locations but some won't. Mapping that to country is
not trivial either unless somebody knows of an easy way to do it?

You can get number of changes per z12 map tile for the last N hours
fairly easily via the changes API call which might be quite cool to
plot.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)