[OSM-talk] GPX Traces

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Dec 9 16:00:06 GMT 2007

In order to recover more of the missing GPX trace details it would be
helpful if people could send me a list of the traces they have and
some details about them so I can try and match them up to the files we
have on the server.

To help with this there is a tool available in subversion - you can
download it here:

  http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/misc/search_tracklogs/listTraces.pl

It is a perl script which will generate an XML file listing all the
traces it finds. You should run it as follows:

  listTraces.pl <display-name> <public?> <directory>

It will recursively search the named directory for GPX traces and
generate a file named tracelist.xml which you can review and then send
to me to be matched up against the files we hold.

The <display-name> argument should match your display name on OSM and
the <public?> argument should be either 0 or 1 to indicate if you wish
the traces to made public or not - ie whether they should be visible
to people other than you on the site.

Thanks for your assistance,

Tom

--