[OSM-talk] [Tilesathome] Promoting/demoting items

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:26:56 GMT 2007

And also some people may want to find a place_of_worship but not realise
they have to zoom in to the very furthest zoom.

An example I often give of OSM being great is that it can be used by
charities, such as a church, producing a leaflet, can give a map to the
event for free.
Another example is my church here in Durham. It's just bought and got
planning permission for a warehouse on a trading estate just out of town.
OS/Teleatlas won't have this for a while... OSM does! We don't meet there
every Sunday yet but are increasingly using it and people are increasingly
needing to find it. I can link to zoom17 but that won't show where in
context the place is.
Please we should have these shown at lower zoom.

After saying all that, I would support tagging church buildings, and
spire/tower details. Just don't rush a proposal, it will be sensible to get
the name right.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com