[OSM-talk] [Tilesathome] Rendering for print, was Re: Promoting/demoting items

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 18:09:28 GMT 2007

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 01:58:34PM +0800, D Tucny wrote:
> On 10/12/2007, Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
> > Just how would one go about rendering off an area and stitching it up to
> > print off?
>
> For an area that's not too big, e.g. a reasonable size city, the easiest way
> would be to get the data as an OSM file, either from the API, e.g. using
> josm then saving the osm file, or extracted from the planet file using one
> of tools that will extract data within a bounding box... next step would be

Remember also that you can use osmps to convert the saved output from JOSM into
an Encapsulated PostScript file. This can then be fairly easily imported into
other things for printing.

As usual with most things like this, I need more time to work on it. However,
adding most new tags etc is very easy. I'm happy to receive improvement
suggestions of course.

http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/rendering/osmps

Thanks,

--